Friday 29 January 2010

Early Spring Sunshine: Tulips

I couldn't leave my blog without some sunshine here. So to make up for my previous sad post here are some tulips I am working on.

The aim is for soft flowing colour throughout each new painting. At the moment this is nothing more than my way of playing allowing my way of working to lead me into a collection of ideas.

 
 Tulips in Spring

I am delighted with the soft appearance of the flower heads. The misty background adds interest too like  soft hazy  morning sunlight.



This close up gives  an insight into the light source playing on the stems in sections.


Little detail and yet enough is here to make each flower magically appear.

**********************


1 comment:

Billie Crain said...

Jean, these are so lovely and warm my heart on these bitter colds days.