Thursday 14 January 2010

Jean Haines Watercolours on Facebook




I am meeting so many wonderful artists and non artists on facebook  that a wonderful friend encouraged me to open a fan page on faceebook. This was a grea idea in that people who like my work can join and interact. However it left me with a dlilema because I don't feel I should have fans or that my friends should be considered as "fans".

Let me explain!

Celebrities or famous people  are entitled to have fans.

Me?

I just love painting!

Sp if you would like to join  my fan page please smile when you click  the words to "become a fan" because that makes me cringe with embarrassment. Friends who know me well will be falling about laughing when they read this but fame is not my  way. Sharing, laughing and loving is.............

See you there if you join  me!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jean-Haines-Watercolours/273408718452



Elephant Study with no preliminary sketch.

************

3 comments:

Maree Clarkson said...

Absolutely stunning Jean! Just love it. I sympathise with your "fans" situation, know how you feel! A question : what is the difference between a 'fan page' and a 'group'?

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello there. I love your avatar by the way! To be honest I don't really know Maree. I was guided to opening the fan page and it is up and running now. In fact considering its only been open two days it is really amazing how quickly it is growing.

I would like to discuss the projects from here on it in time. It does seem easier to communicate via facebook than by replies to the blog.

Also everyone can meet each other and share thoughts so it is a great way of getting to know other artists also.

rob ijbema said...

you've got such a nice way with water colors jean,really making the most of the mediums qualities!