Friday 22 January 2010

Small Acts of Kindness





I am never surprised by life.
Not really.
There is a saying that in life "We are either givers or takers"
There are those who will take everything they can without ever giving back in any way no matter how small. And then there are those who give generously from their heart and soul without thinking twice.
I like to be known as a "giver".

Small Acts of Kindness
  Small Daffodil Studies in Watercolour


This week I recieved several wonderful emails but one  really made me smile. Why ? Because it was about someone else. Another artist. A budding star in the art world who I have come to know and who has attended my workshops and studio. I saw in them ages ago a wonderful gifted talent.

An art contact had been searching on the internet and came across amazing talent simply because the artist had mentioned my name as a mentor and inspiration. That small act of kindness on their part gained them attention they hadn't expected.

I am always touched to hear my work inspires and encourages.But I am even more thrilled to hear good news regarding another artist who in this case has incredible talent and it is a sheer joy and honour to be linked with them. I know they have a wonderful future and I was even more excited to hear that my art contact agreed.

Daffodil Study.


How kind the artist was to mention me,
How wonderful by that small act of kindness they have been recognised in their own right.
And how wonderful life is when we all give and take from our hearts.

Another saying.

" What goes around comes around"

Love and kindness coming back to you from giving it away  has to surely be the most wonderful gift of all.

**********************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your daffs, but especially the bottom daff.
What a great post and how right you are…there are so many selfish people in this world, ......but also wonderfully giving souls too.
A fantastic quote from Mother Theresa I have always found to be inspirational goes something like this:
‘In this life, you cannot do great things, only SMALL things with great LOVE’.
Maggie L

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you Maggie.

Mother Theresa is a huge inspiration. Another quote I really enjoy is

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless"

There were definitely a few glowing "echos" this week and I am so happy to have been a part of them.

I adore the shining light of the many incredible genuine people I meet. And there are so many. They brighten and enrich everyones lives as much as the touch of a masters brushstrokes.

Maggie thank you for leaving such a wonderful reply.