Saturday 2 January 2010

Watercolour Magic!




 Leopard Stage 2


I am absolutely loving painting this subject. One of the most important lessons I learned in 2009 was not to rush. I have learned to slow down at last. Life isn't a race and the joy in a painting while it develops is often  too beautiful to be missed. Each stage and brushstroke is magical in its own right.  Imagine taking a long journey and missing all the wonderful sights along the way. Just going from A to B but not having the time to notice landmarks or gorgeous scenery.


Every single brushstroke tells a story. Working minus a preliminary sketch it is vital for me to think  very carefully about each one.


My painting is developing but already I am falling in love with the forms of colour taking shape.
 Life is great!




2 comments:

Helen said...

This really is 'Watercolour Magic'...it's wonderful to see the steps in this Jean!

Helen said...

This is truly 'Watercolour Magic' Jean!