Thursday 18 February 2010

Making Wise Decisions

"Too Wise"
Original Watercolour by Jean Haines.

In life we are often faced with making decisions. Many on a daily basis. Some are far more important than others. In my studio I have a wonderful collection that is growing constantly with new favourite paintings. I have several exhibitions and galleries which I will be delivering work too in the next few weeks.

I am also moving into a renovated old cottage in Spring which has an owl house on a beautiful log cabin which acts as a garage. I will be wanting to hang my favourite paintings in my new home. This is one. I started painting owls recently and the pose on "Too Wise" has appealed to me ever since this subject first started appearing with my brush. There is a softness in the feathers that catches my attention. The eyes shine with eager alertness that you would expect from these birds.And that beak somehow has a magic I can't define.

It is a special piece. My heart tells me to keep it but my  artists choice is to exhibit  for others to enjoy.

In a frame this looks so different and my heart will be torn yet again when I see this hung but it will be part of my Spring Show. I have made a wise decision. But I will silently pray no one buys it and if they do I pray they will be a very special  buyer.

How attached we all become to our work. Our emotions  combine with our brushstrokes and our feelings often show in our paintings.

I will always aim to make wise decisions...and I will always love this owl.

*************************

1 comment:

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi there. I am so sorry but I only had cards available of this design and I believe they have all sold out now. I hope to add new olws to my collection in 2013, Jean