Sunday 4 April 2010

Dubai Doodles

Jumeira Mosque
Telephone conversation doodle!

I am impossible! Not a day or minute goes by where I don't have a brush in my hand if I can help it. This afternoon I had a surprise phone call from a wonderful friend in Dubai. It was fantastic to hear their voice and catch up on news there including whats on art wise. I had a piece of paper in front of me and started to play with colour. As we talked I remembered so many wonderful days when I lived in Jumeira and before I knew it my favourite mosque appeared in a quick doodle. With my mind on the conversation and not really worrying about what was happening in watercolour I was quite pleased with this very quick rough sketch. Now to paint it for real and hope when I start concentrating it works as well!

To my friends and associates in Dubai , yes a visit and workshop are being considered at the moment. You will be the first to know when it happens and of course it will be advertised well in advance!

*****************************

No comments: