Tuesday 24 August 2010

The Frame: Exhibition of Book Paintings.

Rural Study for use of unique exciting washes in a more traditional landscape.

BOOK SIGNING  AND NEW EXHIBITION
THE FRAME GALLERY
Odiham, Hampshire
Thursday 2nd September 2010
Private Preview 5.30p.m. - 7.30.p.m

This morning  I parted with several paintings from my first book " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour" as they will be part of a new exhibition that opens next week at "The Frame" gallery in Odiham, Hampshire. In the collection of paintings on show will be  new work including some favourite subjects as well as a painting similar to the one on the promotion for the gallery opening. My row of Bearded Collies which is a firm favourite with dog lovers and owners.

The rose on the dedication page of my book is in the exhibition along with other favourites.

The Private Preview is on Thursday 2nd September and starts at  5.30 p.m.

I will also be signing copies of my book which will be on sale during the evening.

It is going to be very hard letting these paintings go as they all have come to mean so much to me in my first leap into writing but now is the time to part with a few gradually! The rose holds so much love in it that it feels  right to allow that one to be the first to part with!

See you there if you can make it,everyone is welcome.

****************

3 comments:

Vera Dennen said...

Do love this rural study here Jean!

RoseAnn Hayes said...

WOW!!! I'm just speechless about this gorgeous piece of work! WOW!!!!! So inspiring!!! RoseAnn Hayes

RoseAnn Hayes said...

WOW!!!! I'm just in awe of this perfect piece of work. It just stopped me right in my tracks. What an inspiring piece!!! Wow! RoseAnn Hayes