Tuesday 31 August 2010

SAA Paint Magazine Feature

"Who Cares"
Original Watercolour sold in a Spring 2010 exhibition

I recieved  the recent issue of the SAA,Society for All Artists Paint magazine today and was delighted to see my feature on how to paint cats in a loose style included. Considering I recently wrote a series on how to paint dogs in a loose style it seems very fair to allow cats a little time in the spotlight too! I hope SAA members and friends enjoy the article.

I also recieved the SAA,Society for All Artists  catalogue and found my book and DVD advertised on the very first page of the inside cover.This really is one of those moments you just wish a friend had been there to see your face. For as long as I can remember I have looked at art catalogues but never for a moment  imagined my name would be one of the authors included. Dreamed about it yes, on many occasions but never saw it actually happening.

This followed the day when I held a workshop in UK with my book in my hands for the very first time facing an art group here. Everyone who has been to my sessions will know I often share my favourite inspirational books by other authors. Those who have motivated me in my own journey. To hold something I have written seemed very unreal!

Thank you to the team at SAA for making dreams come true!
**************

2 comments:

M R Anand said...

nice talk about positivity and how to shun negativity! so very true...made my day! the painting of the cat is beautiful.

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations