Sunday 30 January 2011

Only Just Winning

Only Just Winning

Section from a full sheet racing painting.

Everyone  who knows me well will understand Sunday is my day to reflect. A peaceful day where I look back on the previous week and forward to the next. The last few months of 2010 saw me racing to meet deadlines and deliver work to so many exhibitions taking place during the months leading up to December.

In 2011 my focus is on my new book,workshops and exciting new watercolours that hold interesting compositions and vibrant colour combinations. This week I completed a collection of horse racing paintings by adding the final touches to pieces that have been evolving for a few months. I have loved watching each painting develop and dreaded the day when I knew they would be complete.This would mean they would leave my studio to be framed and eventually be placed in a gallery. My largest pieces I now can't personally deliver but it is interesting to see my main pieces now need two people to carry them!

I'm looking forward to a week of contrasts from very quiet spring flower paintings against action scenes that make me feel as though the room is moving when I work on them.

Variety they say is the spice of life.
 
Mine certainly is full of colourful variety.

No comments: