Monday 18 April 2011

Watercolours With Life Exhibition Preview

Watercolours With Life Exhibition 2011
Private Preview

"Watercolours With Life" , my solo exhibition at the Wey Gallery in Godalming,Surrey had its' Private Preview yesterday and officially opens this morning. It was an absolutely wonderful occasion.The minute I walked through the door of the gallery and saw the gorgeous window display I knew it was going to be a fabulous opening. My colourful  paintings were hung superbly and gave a vibrant display that was alive and bursting with energy. I love that everyone who came loved each painting which were varied in subject.

The attendance was wonderful with many visitors genuinely interested in seeing  my art and meeting me. I was thrilled with the positive feedback and wonderful comments on my work. Two wonderful artists in their own right who visited the preview were Charles Bone RI and Victor Ambrus RI, of Time Team Fame, with his gorgeous wife Glenys. To recieve feedback and discuss my style with these great names in art was a wonderful bonus on top of meeting wonderful artists and  art collectors during the event.

There was a superb buzz and of course red dots appearing during the two hour preview.One of the first piece to sell was the painting from the gallery invitation which proved to be very popular raising a lot of interest and admiration. However the red dot went very swiftly on the title card to confirm the sale. 

One very large painting had to leave the show on the day of the preview as the buyer was unable to come back to collect it. My winning cockerels " Head to Head" from my private collection also sold and will now be going to a new home. I have loved this piece in my own home so much but, having met the buyers, I am happy it will be as appreciated as it was here by all who saw it.This was one of the paintings that gained me my SWA ,Society for Women Artists full membership and was part of the winning  body of work presented with the Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award.



Market Colours
Wey Gallery Exhibition 2010
SOLD

During the opening I also accepted several extra large commissions which I will be working on over the coming months. I rarely take on commissions because as a free spirit I enjoy working from my heart and soul rather than for a deadline but each client is prepared to wait for their unique painting to be complete.

The show will run until 2nd May 2011. For those who can't make it to the gallery some of the collection can be viewed online via this link

 
Now I really am all fired up to paint quietly in my studio but it is quite hard settling after such a fabulous weekend!




No comments: