Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 A Year in Exhibitions

Celebrate Spring, The Frame Gallery 2011


I am starting my 2011 New Years Eve with a look back at the last twelve months. How incredible they have been. I seem to have been  in so many fantastic exhibitions throughout the year including a burst of Spring colour at the Frame Gallery in Odiham to my exciting and successful solo at the Wey Gallery in Godalming,Surrey,U.K.


Watercolours With Life Exhibition,The Wey Gallery 2011


Later in the year I exhibited in the 150th Annual Exhibition of the SWA Society of Women Artists during which a Charity evening was held in aid of the Lady Taverners. I donated a painting called " Flying Colours" which was a main auction prize including a day at the races and  an evening with Tom Jones in concert.



I was delighted to showcase my dogs in watercolour at the Dogs in Art Gallery in Stockbridge


And more recently I have been invited to show at the Lyndhurst Gallery in the New Forest.



The year has been full of Spring,Summer and Autumn Shows along with exhibitions in a number of locations. I have shown with some incredible artists and met friends old and new during the year at  amazing Private Previews. And regardless of the financial climate sales have consistently been wonderful. My watercolours continue to be collectible and can be found in homes from all over the world.


With friends Nicholas and Annie Parsons

What is interesting is that my  aim for 2012 is really unique in that regardless of how popular my paintings seem to be becoming I am not racing to my studio to paint as many as possible. In fact I am doing the exact opposite. My year ahead is going to  be full of art that is in every way full of life,light and movement so that by the end of the year I can look back and know I achieved what was in my heart all along.

To be a good artist,one who paints from the soul to create art that is unique so that the selected galleries who represent me are proud to hang my originals and showcase my work.. And know that collectors are buying a piece of art that was not painted for the sake of painting but enjoyed via  every  single brushstroke during the creative process.

This is me,who I am and where I wish to be.

And I know where I am heading in 2012!

Happy New Year.

**********************

No comments: