Monday 28 May 2012

Expressions: Solo Exhibition 2012 Wey Gallery,Godalming

Me, with the paintings from my feature in the June issue of the Artist Magazine
The portrait from my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours"  is behind me. This is the painting from my book that received particularly glowing reviews last week.

EXPRESSIONS
Wey Gallery
Godalming
Private Preview

Yesterday there was great excitement as my long awaited solo exhibition at the Wey Gallery in Godalming, Surrey opened with a Private Preview to showcase my new collection and the display was absolutely full of vibrant colour.

Apart from the sheep paintings from my latest feature in The Artist Magazine my new abstracts were on show for the first time. It was wonderful to recieve the feedback on this new direction in style.

Abstracts from my new collection.
You can also see the carnations from my new DVD "Watercolour Passion" in the background. 

And the main stars of the show? 
My horse racing collection as always.  They get bigger each time I show and definitely more  emotional as I become so involved with each new piece.

 Horse racing scenes from yesterdays Private Preview.

It is a very colourful  exhibition with surprises around each corner. To have everyone tell me my work was stunning and watch faces as my art was viewed  was a wonderful feeling. One visitor  met me at the Mall Galleries in London last week when I was showing at the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2012 and fell in love with the hare there, so visited this show to see what else I painted.

The exhibition runs until 14th June 2012.

If you do vist there is sometimes a special little guest, a very amazing art critic by the name of Bertie.

I think he could very well be the subject of my next painting!


For full details of my show please see my web site









1 comment:

Angela said...

I love all the white frames! And you have such a great sense of style! :)