Thursday 3 April 2014

The Frame Gallery : Odiham "Watermark" Solo Exhibition April 4th.

"Winning Point"
£1950
74 x 93cms.

WATERMARK
Solo Exhibition at
 THE FRAME GALLERY
ODIHAM
Hampshire 
UK
4th - 25th April 2014

Tomorrow night  will see the opening of my solo exhibition at the Frame Gallery in Odiham. The show is called "Watermark" because of my "trade mark " watercolour effects which I celebrate from this magical medium rather than aim to control.

I visited the gallery yesterday and everything is all ready hung and priced for the opening and it looks wonderful. I cannot choose a favourite from the collection. I love the donkeys especially because they are my first ever in a show. The violets look knock out in their frames and the delicate, sweet pea have the wonderful illusion of carrying perfume which of course for a painting is impossible. But they do look as though they are heavily scented. There are badgers, florals, horse racing , kittens . The gallery is full of a divers  selection of subjects in watercolour.

I will be at the gallery at 5.0 pm. - 7.15 p.m. so if you are free, you are welcome to join me to celebrate the opening!

For those wishing to dine out after the show there are several lovely restaurants in Odiham worth checking out!

No comments: