Tuesday 17 January 2017

A Breath Of Fresh Air

"A Breath of Spring"

 I wandered around my cottage garden this morning and admired the early daffodils that are braving the cold weather to bloom. I love them. They are a sign of things to come and my year has started so amazingly that I know 2017 is going to be very magical in so many ways.

At the moment I have a lot on as I am judging a major watercolour show, being interviewed for international magazines and working on an exciting new project. Plus preparing for my Spring USA tour. I promised myself that no matter what my own painting came first this year. Which is why I am painting daffodils, a flower I adore as its' one of the first to bloom each year in our garden, reminding me that more glorious colour is on its' way and soon.

I wear many hats as an artist. I teach watercolour, I judge, I write ,I film,  I tour, and I exhibit. I try new products. In fact the invitations I receive now on a daily basis are phenomenal. But my heart lies in moving my brushes. And this year will see me doing more personal creating than ever before. I feel alive. Excited. Even more passionate about the medium I work with if that is possible. You would imagine that after all this time I would be bored of painting in watercolour but its' fascination for me continues to grow. I love it and I am so happy that it is part of my life. It brings me joy, lifts my spirits, energises my soul, calms me down and even acts as a distraction when I need one, as we all do at times.

So today I have been painting the rather delicate daffodils that are growing near my studio and studying their form and colouring.

Looking at them is like that breath of fresh air you need when winter has been cold and grey. A blast of something new, something vibrant, something hopeful.

A new day, a new painting and an  energised life!


******************

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Jean, I've just discovered your art by browning the web, what a discovery! I love your paintings, the looseness about them and the way you explain your process! Thank you so much for sharing! I've ordered one of your books and can't wait!