Tuesday 10 January 2017

Spring Energy 2017



 Close up of one of my daffodil paintings, a section from a larger composition.


I have no idea what it is but at this time of year I always feel as though I am going through a magical transformation.  It is the energy I feel from the season waiting ahead of me. Spring. I love it and I adore all the Spring flowers that come with it.

Daily I am walking with my husband who has recently had full knee replacement surgery and as we left our cottage this week, one morning we were both delighted to see the first daffodil in bloom in our garden. These flowers have been in shops for some time now but nothing seems more fabulous than watching a bud appear followed by a full flower. From a bulb that you have planted yourself.

And as I already had a painting of daffodils on my easel it was easy to add the " treasure" I had witnessed from my morning walk to the existing and evolving glowing composition. So in this full scene of daffodils, seen below, I now have flowers in full bloom and a few buds appearing.

I have been Spring cleaning in our cottage. I started yesterday with the kitchen which was a massive and daunting task and it took me away from painting. But it was a job that needed to be done. I emptied every single cupboard, cleaned it out and washed and put back every single dish, plate and pan etc that we own. My husband walked in once or twice and made encouraging comments but I think to be honest he was fascinated.

Spring is a nesting season for wildlife. And I think humans catch that fever too. So today I am sat here feeling quite pleased with myself for yesterdays achievement. But that break from my studio effected my mind set for painting.

I am facing 2017 with an artistic soul bursting with energy to write and share new ideas and because of this my own art is moving forward. And in a thrilling new direction. There are no strings holding me back from flying into a new year with all the excitement and passion I can muster. And there isn't anything holding you back from having a great year of painting ahead too.

So I suggest you cut away any negative thoughts right now. Think positive and fly with me.

Lets' see what we can achieve by the end of this year art wise.

Are you with me?

Its' time to fly!



Daffodil painting
Evolving brush stroke by brushstroke
 
*****************

3 comments:

Cruiseartist said...

thanks I needed that word on walking away from the negative today :)

Unknown said...

I love your daffodils. Can't wait for ours to Bloom. Yellow is such a positive, happy colour.

Cindy said...

I love the bright colors and sightings of Spring! What energy!