Tuesday 12 September 2017

Kissed by a Dragon : Seahorse in Watercolour

"Kissed By A Dragon"
(Work in progress )

When I fall in love, I really fall in love.  And I have totally fallen in love with sea horses hence my second painting of one today. As soon as I completed my first painting,, shown in my last blog post,  in my mind I saw the second. It was golden in colour , not blue. It was vibrant surrounded by gorgeous sea effects.  And the above is what I have just painted from my heart. I will add a little more to this as the sea horse tail needs just a little more definition.

Each painting I create is  a new adventure that always without fail leads me to my next adventure. I also love painting magical subjects and  these miniature dragons, as I call them, are  definitely magical.

If you read my last blog post you will have known I loved imagining dragons existed as a child. I lived near a castle that I could wander around. It was surrounded by beautiful woodland where I would pick primroses each year. I walked my first dog there too. I loved it. It was the kind of castle where a knight in shining armour could rescue a damsel in distress. A story book place where imaginations could run riot if they were allowed to.

I think when I first fell in love with painting humming birds, some time ago, I felt something incredible happen to not just my art but to me as well.  The same thing is happening again. Something, I cannot put my finger on it, but something is happening that involves change. 

Perhaps' its time to move on or let go of something as in old techniques and leap into the new completely.

Whatever it is, it is exciting!

Apparently a sea horse has a spiritual meaning.Perhaps the sea horse subject has come into my life for a purpose. To guide me in some way. 
Or perhaps my imagination is working over time again! 

*************

 

No comments: